i

Friday, February 25, 2011

Notting Hill

Tonight I've fallen victim to my television and old movies. I had to take it back to one of my all time favorites, Notting Hill. Two words Hugh Grant (those baby blue eyes and perfect hair), and well Julie Roberts is always a classic. Enough said but honestly they don't make movies like this anymore. Movies that are slightly cheesy but in a great way. They are relaxed and make you feel good. Technology really seems to have ruined the film industry. Too much visuals and effects and not enough chemistry and good acting. I miss the lovey, natural chemistry and clean plot lines of the 90's and prior. The fashion is less than mediocre compared to today. I love the scene where she asks him to take her back and she is wearing baby blue an he is wearing a light pink shirt and she says, "Don't forget I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her." The contrast of what she says and the two of them wear opposite gender colors work well. I want movies like this again and as the Oscars are coming this Sunday, it appears there's nothing out that offers this type of clean entertainment or such a great soundtrack.
xotatumpia

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...